|Notice the man on the left wearing a kilt for formal night. We've done our best with the clothes we have on hand.|
|We didn't quite grasp the significance of this tree trunk in this entryway|
to the salon. Thus, I took a photo.
The one hour shuttle ride each way held little appeal nor did the drop off point at the largest shopping area in Brisbane. The only transportation available was the roundtrip shuttle at US $50 AU $65 per couple.
|Schooner Bar at night.|
As those of our readers know from past experiences, we seldom get off the ship unless there's something profound available that appeals to our interests. Many say, "Get off the ship anyway. At least you can say you've visited Brisbane."
At 1 pm, we're going to see a "guy movie, "The Nice Guys" when so often we watch movies that appeal to my tastes. Neither of us cares for comic book character or cartoons, fantasy, zombies and vampires. Tom doesn't like science fiction or futuristic type movies but often watches them with me. Its my turn to coalesce when I don't like movies about the 50's, 60's or 70's. Go figure.
|We get a kick out of looking at the world globe considering how much we've seen so far and what's yet to come in the future..|
We've already begun to enjoy our new status which has not only saved us a considerable sum on our final bill but greatly contributed to another opportunity to interact with other passengers in a different venue.
For us, the biggest perk is access to the Diamond Lounge from 4:30 to 8:00 pm for complimentary cocktails, any amount, any type. Since we usually do "happy hour" this time frame works perfectly for us. We have an opportunity to mingle with other Diamond Club members who have attained sufficient points to be provided this excellent perk.
|Lounge area of The Colony Club, a place for dance enthusiasts.|
Complimentary specialty coffees are available 24 hours a day at the Diamond Lounge, available to Diamond Club and above members. The coffee drinks are made by a machine using milk, not cream and are sugar sweetened making them out of the question for me. I do fine drinking our iced tea throughout the day.
|Self-leveling (for rough seas) pool table in The Colony Club.|
- Buy any wine, beer or soda by the glass and get a second free: $6.95 (beer)
- Purchase any glass of wine, beer or soda and receive a 20% discount: $1.38
- Buy one, get one free Johnny Rockets milkshake: $4.50
- One complimentary non-alcoholic specialty coffee drink with the purchase of dinner in any specialty restaurant: $8 (coffees from Chops Grille)
- Buy a Bingo Package and get 6 free Jackpot Card: $15
- Three free Spin to Win at the Casino: $1 (We assume one wins a keychain with three spins, we'll give a $1 value).
- 25% off Casino tournament entrance fee (excluding Poker tournaments): $6.25 ($25 slot tournament)
- 1 free day of internet usage or $30 off any Internet purchase: $30
- Spend $25 or more on Royal Caribbean logo products and receive 15% off: $3.75
- Free any size photo of your choice from your existing printed photograph selection: $19.99
- Get 10% off a digital photo package or photo book: $19.90 (All inclusive digital photo package)
- Get 20% off any one spa or salon service: $19.80 (60 minute Swedish massage)
- Receive $10 off a $30 bag of Wash and Fold Laundry on 5 or more nights: $10
- Receive $10 off a $30 bag of Wash and Fold Laundry on 8 or more nights: $10
- $5 off any dry cleaning or pressing services of $25 or more: $5
- Stateroom phone discount of $2 per minute: $11.90 (assuming a two minute phone call)
Diamond Club Benefits
- Crown & Anchor Society Onboard Offers
- Priority check-in
- Private departure lounge with continental breakfast
- Exclusive Trivia
- Exclusive Top Tier Event
- Robes for use onboard
- Signature lapel pin
- Welcome Gift/Amenity including choice of beverage
- Milestone recognition
- Chef's Choice Gift/Amenity
- Priority wait list for Shore Excursions/VitalitySM Day Spa services
- Diamond Lounge (on select ships)
- Priority departure
- Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event
- Daily breakfast with specialty coffee
- Entertainment Tour
|Dance floor and seating in The Colony Club.|
Tonight is casual night in the dining room. That will be jeans and nicer shirts. We have five formal nights ahead in this remaining month. Somehow, as always, we'll make do with what we have on hand; each other, a joyful attitude and a strong sense of living in the moment.
Happy day, dear friends!
Photo from one year ago today, November 2, 2015:
|Tom was thrilled with his first cocktail he'd had in months at the Namale Resort & Spa in Fiji, one year ago, as we celebrated our three year travel anniversary. He was working on the first of his delicious warm buns slathered in butter. We didn't have any specific four year anniversary activities this year since we were busy getting situated on the ship on the actual date of October 31st. But, enough celebration is to be had each and every day over this month at sea. For more photos, please click here.|