|Moreton Bay Fig Tree highlights the entrance to Clontarf Reserve. Click here for details on this type of tree.|
|Zoom in for hours of operation at Clontarf Reserve.|
In no time at all, we were out of the car enthralled with some of the best scenery Sydney has to offer with expansive views and photos ops we could hardly believe.
|Lots of fluffy clouds enhanced our photos.|
Clontarf Reserve and Beach include the following amenities that many visitors and tourists may find pleasing for a day at the park and beach including these comment below from this site for both individual and group use for such events as weddings, reunions and parties:
- Toilets: Amenities Block with disabled access and toilet
- BBQs: 4 double electric & 2 single electric
- Playground: Yes undercover, shaded suitable for 0-12 age group
- Carparking: Carpark and street parking
- Carpark entry fees – Metered parking - charges apply, Ratepayers / Residents with designated car stickers have free entry; disabled parking: 2 spaces
- Applicable: Monday to Sunday 8.00am to 6.00pm
- Lighting: Park lighting only
- Power: Upon request.
- Seating/Tables: Both
- Shelter: 2 gazebo type shelters/ seating for 16 and shade trees
- Water/Taps: Taps and bubbler near swimming pool and at amenities block & 1 outdoor shower
- Passive/Active Recreation: Passive (continued below)
|There are hundreds of sailboats and motor boats in the marina. Construction is in process as shown on the left but doesn't seem to impede any of the activities.|
Availability (for group events, only)
- Anytime up to 10pm
- Tentative bookings must be confirmed within 1 week.
- Community Facilities Co-ordinator will email confirmation of your booking.
- Fees must be paid within two weeks of request of booking.
For information (including fees) about booking Council venues for a wedding ceremony function, please see the page:
- Clonny’s Restaurant: (02) 9948 2373
- Kiosk, enclosed swimming baths, sailing, boat access ramp.
- Manly Scenic Walkway Access."
|We can only imagine the cost of the one of these boat slips.|
Not only did we enjoy visiting Clontarf Reserve and Beach on the sunny, albeit windy day, Bob drove us to several choice locations which had us dashing out of the car to seeing yet another gorgeous expanse in the horizon.
|Hills surrounding the bay.|
Hopefully both packages will arrive on Monday and/or Tuesday, as per the online tracking for Tom's new laptop and our formerly missing package from the US.
|This reminds us both of our boating days in Minnesota many moons ago.|
Have a beautiful weekend!
Photo from one year ago today, April 1, 2016:
|The Fonterra Cheese Factory with a retail store across the street in Eltham, New Zealand. For more details on this quaint town, please click here.|